Sunday, October 10, 2010

Planning my paleo challenge

Enough with my bad eating habits, it's time I got off my ass and did something about it. On November 1, 2010, I am starting a 30-day Paleo Challenge.

The challenge involves completely changing my eating habits, and I hope it inspires me to keep it up forever. I have been crossfitting for a while now and even though my strength has improved immeasurably, I have not lost any weight. I am now figuring out it's my diet....i have such a love/hate relationship with food. I love to eat, I love to cook, I love to talk about food, plan what to eat. The problem is my portion size is too much, and I am always hungry...or am I always bored and eat out of boredom?

My challenge will involve giving up the following:

Sugar (or anything containing sugar)
All dairy (milk, cheese, butter)
All grains (bread, flour, rice, pasta)

I am also going to try to source organic ingredients, and am researching suppliers of grass-fed meats. I will be eating meat and vegetables, olive oil, fish and some nuts (not peanuts or cashews). I am waiting for Robb Wolf's Paleo book to arrive so I can do a lot more research before I embark on this next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment