Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Prep


Bought and de-boned a BBQ chicken for the week, made paleo peppermint fudge babies for sweet cravings, picked up ingredients for Mark's slow-cooked beef stew (I will get that started tonight to cook overnight), washed some cos (romaine) lettuce and wrapped it in damp paper towel and in a plastic bag (keeps longer).

My 'main dish' for the week is mexican chicken wraps. I will use cos lettuce for the 'wrap' part. I sauteed some sliced red & green capsicum and onion in canola oil, and added a couple of cloves of chopped garlic, a green chilli, some onion powder, cayenne powder, and cumin. After cooking the veggies I removed from the pan and added some sliced chicken breast to cook, then mixed it all up together. I will reheat in the microwave when needed, and use the lettuce to wrap it all up. I also have some salsa in a jar (very little sugar and no additives) to add as well.

I picked up some skinless, boneless chicken breast on sale yesterday, 2 kgs. The rest of the chicken was diced and frozen into 3 portions - i can use this later this week to make some chicken curry. Life is so much easier when I have stuff ready at all times!! I'm still getting through the roast veggies I did on Thursday, i reheat these quite quickly and throw in some BBQ chicken and walnuts for a quick meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment