Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flaxseed Bread


This is my first attempt at this kind of bread. It tastes pretty good actually, a bit nutty. Nice with butter! I am hoping to freeze in slices, and then toast one or 2 pieces to have with eggs & bacon occasionally.

2/3 cup flaxseed meal
1/3 cup almond meal
1-1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
Organic sea salt to taste
3 Tbsp coconut oil
2 eggs
Water

Mix dry ingredients well.
Whisk eggs separately and add with oil
Add enough water to make a dough that will pour into a pan, not liquid though!
I put this in a loaf tin with parchment paper
Bake at 180C for about half an hour
Cool and slice.

Don't freak out because i scattered fresh birdseye chillies from my garden around the plate in the picture. It was just to add colour....although....I am wondering what kind of dip i can make using ground chillies....harissa maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment