Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30-day challenge results!







So, after 30 days of following a 95% paleo diet, giving up alcohol, sugar, grains, dairy and processed foods, here are my results:

Start weight: 85kgs, now: 80kgs: a loss of approx. 5kgs
Start waist: 97cm, now: 91cm, a loss of approx. 6cms
Start hips: 117cm, now: 112cm, a loss of approx. 5cms

When I say 95%, I mean that I ate popcorn at the movies twice, ate out at restaurants 4 times (tried my best but cannot control restaurant food too much) and at Lori's baby shower I ate a small slice of rocky road and half a cupcake :)

Very happy with the results, and I will keep going. I will introduce back a few things that I miss, such as Paul Newman's Own Ranch Dressing on my salads (I can only eat balsamic and olive oil so much!). I dilute the dressing with balsamic anyway. I don't really miss eating bread, I just miss the convenience of bread, like toast, or a quick sandwich. But I am also cooking some great food and loving the end of the 3:00pm slump. I don't actually miss sugar at all, or things like hot chips, which is surprising.

The first week was when the most drastic results were gained in terms of weight loss, but I have gone down 1-2 clothing sizes and i can see the difference, even if the photos don't really show it. And now that I read food labels A LOT, it is amazing how sugar is in EVERYTHING!! Wow. I have discovered kelp noodles, which are fantastic, and I am in the process of cooking some of my favorite things (chicken schnitzel) in a paleo friendly way. so Hooray for paleo! bring on the next 30 days!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome effort my friend so look forward to doing a cooking class with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Wanda! I'm really impressed at how much you lost around waist and hips in only 30 days. And of course 5kg is a lot - plus you crossfit, so it might even be higher (might have added some muscle along the way?). I love reading the recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Von. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete