Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tuna & pine nut patties


The dentist fixed me up, and when I got home, I had no idea what to eat for lunch. so I made up something with a small tin of tuna in spring water. I drained the tuna, and added some almond meal, chopped celery and red onion, a few pine nuts and then I used half a raw egg to bind it all together. (Kimberley and Mitchell, my dogs, enjoyed the rest of the egg, yum yum!). I dropped 4 blobs of mixture into a hot pan with olive oil and cooked them off. I ate them with a garden salad and some fresh lime squeezed on top! I can't help thinking this dish was missing something...mmm like ranch dressing or tzatziki dip or sweet chilli sauce...something to dip the tuna patties in, they were a wee bit dry...i'll have to look into a paleo version of dipping sauce. On another note, i received my spiralizer today and i can't wait to use it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment