Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chicken schnitzel, paleo style!!


Wow what a successful dinner we had with Melly(12) and James(11)....First i showed them my spiralizer veggie machine, they were so wowed by the spirals and carrots they couldn't wait to try them and they even had spiralled zucchini as well...james even had seconds and thirds! Big tick! (these kids rarely eat veggies so i'm stoked).

Then both kids helped me make the chicken schnitzels: i flattened pieces of chicken breast (well, bashed them with a rolling pin), we threw them in coconut flour, then dredged them in beaten egg, then into some almond meal. I cooked them up, and with them we had sweet potato and pumpkin. (i added a fresh tomato for myself). The kids said it was the best chicken schnitzel they have ever had! We enjoyed eating with candlelight, as we usually do and it was really special that I could make a meal that everyone would eat. Yay for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment