Sunday, November 14, 2010

Making almond milk


So i soaked 2 cups of almonds overnight, in lots of water. This morning i drained and rinsed the almonds, and split them in 2 portions. (I am doing 2 batches, on with James, who is awake at 8am, and the other, i will wait for Melly, who will probably sleep until 10!). half the almonds went into the blender along with around 4 cups of water. As soon as i turned the blender on, it went white, like straight away, like a miracle (I'm still amazed at this concept of nut milk, clearly!). I whizzed it up for a few minutes and then poured it through a strainer and a cloth, squeezed the bag of almond crush and got even more milk out of it. Just amazing. It made about a litre. so then i put a bit of the milk back in the blender, with a few ice cubes and frozen blueberries and made a yummy smoothie. And I had my first cup of coffee today - i frothed the almond milk and had a delicious latte. I think i like this almond milk thing...it's so easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment