Saturday, November 20, 2010

Baking aftermath


I was on a mission this morning, went to several 'health food' shops in search of coconut oil, arrowroot flour, dried fruit, nuts, agave nectar...the list goes on and on. This is all fairly new to me, so I am stocking up. Today I baked. Now I won't be doing it that often as I'm not really missing the sweet foods much, but we are having a crossfit social gathering this afternoon and I though I'd take some paleo treats for others to try.

I made an orange and carrot cake; tastes delicious but it didn't come out the pan that well. It's very sweet too. I also made paleo cookies and they drove me CRAZY. the recipe said make sure you bake them on parchment paper (which i did) but there was so much honey, and they really stuck to the paper...what a pain in the ass. They taste great (almond&pecan&walnuts ground, heaps of honey, dried apricots, figs and raisins) but i'm not sure the effort is worth it....and now I'm having a well-deserved nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment